Merrell Bare Access 3 Is Available

edited October 2013 in Merrell
Was poking around on the Merrell site this morning and found they now have the Bare Access 3 in-stock: http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/33550M/82419/Mens/Barefoot-Run-Bare-Access-3

Thought I'd share since this shoe seems to be popular here.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Interesting...wonder if the toebox got wider.  Externally, it doesn't look much different from its predecessor.
  • I'm curious to hear how they think they improved it. So far, the only differences I can spot make the new BA a lesser shoe than its predecessor. For example, why do they think they needed to make the toe cap bigger? 
  • I saw a video online from a shoe expo where a Merrell rep said that the big difference is that they're using a more breathable mesh for the upper. He also mentioned that the BAs are popular among the crossfit crowd, so maybe the toecap is to make it more suitable for that (protect your toes from banging into weights or something?). 
  • I still don't get why they haven't gone to a full Vibram rubber outsole (the blown rubber pad on the outer toes didn't really benefit traction much).
  • Looks like they are still keeping the same midsole with that high and firm arch support. I know it's not a problem for many people, but for us with flexible arches it's painful to have a hard bump pushing against the arch at weight-bearing. I don't really see the point of that kind of structure in a "natural" shoe. It would be tolerable if it was softer like in Bare Access 1.