Skora Phase Review

edited October 2013 in Skora
Finally bought a pair of Skora Phases.  This pair replaced a pair of disappointing Altra The One (the fit just wasn't right, even though pretty much EVERYTHING else was!) which replaced my venerable Merrell Bare Access 2's.  I have 3 runs on them so far.

Stay tuned for more info, and feel free to toss in your opinions!

Comments

• Did you buy from Skora direct or through Amazon?
  • I ended up buying through OptimalRun.  They were the shoes I bought when my Altra Ones were sent back.   I have liked them (more info in the next week or so), but I've been dealing with some odd top-of-foot muscle soreness in my left foot since I started running in them.  I'm not sure what the cause is, but I'm wondering if I bought a half size (or more) too big, because I can't seem to get the shoes to tighten on the top of my foot properly.  These are my first asymmetrically laced shoes, so it might just be something I haven't gotten used to.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • 70mi on my Phases, and they're doing relatively well.  I ended up solving my left-foot fit problem by attaching moleskin to the bottom of the tongue area.

Wear photos to come soon.
  • What's the cushion like in the Phase compared to the Bare Access? I've only run in one Skora model and they were really firm, kind of a harsh ride.
  • Honestly, while the Phase isn't as cushy as the BA2, it's surprisingly soft for a shoe that has no midsole.

• As far as sizing...this was my major disappointment so far with the shoe.  I normally wear 11.5 or 12, and while I don't mind wearing a 11.5, these were bad because the 11.5 fit too big, but the 11 was too short and my toes were pinched a little in the toebox. 

To summarize, these shoes were designed for sockless wear, but clearly not built for it.
  • Bryan- I tried the Skora Base in the Spring/Summer and had the same issues with sizing. Normally wear a size 9, but my foot moved all over in the shoe. Did you run with or without the insole?
  • There's no way I could run without the midsole in the 11.5--too much room even with it in.  I could have tried it with the 11, but I didn't really like the feel with it out, so I didn't get brave enough to try it on the road.
  • edited January 11
    150 Mile wear...I started a separate thread here

Thought you guys would like to see these...more here

Left:

Right: