Skora Phase Review
  • Finally bought a pair of Skora Phases.  This pair replaced a pair of disappointing Altra The One (the fit just wasn't right, even though pretty much EVERYTHING else was!) which replaced my venerable Merrell Bare Access 2's.  I have 3 runs on them so far.

Stay tuned for more info, and feel free to toss in your opinions!
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)

• Did you buy from Skora direct or through Amazon?
  • I ended up buying through OptimalRun.  They were the shoes I bought when my Altra Ones were sent back.   I have liked them (more info in the next week or so), but I've been dealing with some odd top-of-foot muscle soreness in my left foot since I started running in them.  I'm not sure what the cause is, but I'm wondering if I bought a half size (or more) too big, because I can't seem to get the shoes to tighten on the top of my foot properly.  These are my first asymmetrically laced shoes, so it might just be something I haven't gotten used to.
  • 70mi on my Phases, and they're doing relatively well.  I ended up solving my left-foot fit problem by attaching moleskin to the bottom of the tongue area.

Wear photos to come soon.
  • What's the cushion like in the Phase compared to the Bare Access? I've only run in one Skora model and they were really firm, kind of a harsh ride.
    Helping runners run | Main Site: www.runblogger.com | Personal Site: www.theblogologist.com
  • Honestly, while the Phase isn't as cushy as the BA2, it's surprisingly soft for a shoe that has no midsole.
  • As far as sizing...this was my major disappointment so far with the shoe.  I normally wear 11.5 or 12, and while I don't mind wearing a 11.5, these were bad because the 11.5 fit too big, but the 11 was too short and my toes were pinched a little in the toebox. 

To summarize, these shoes were designed for sockless wear, but clearly not built for it.
  • Bryan- I tried the Skora Base in the Spring/Summer and had the same issues with sizing. Normally wear a size 9, but my foot moved all over in the shoe. Did you run with or without the insole?

• There's no way I could run without the midsole in the 11.5--too much room even with it in.  I could have tried it with the 11, but I didn't really like the feel with it out, so I didn't get brave enough to try it on the road.
  • 150 Mile wear...I started a separate thread here

Thought you guys would like to see these...more here

Left:

Right:

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android