Wear Pattern Question
  • Can anyone fill me in on the importance of shoe wear patterns? I noticed that the wear on my Bare Access 2s is all in the middle of the shoe, towards the forefoot. The wear on my NB MR00s is on the outside of the sole, very close to the edge. The wear on my Mirages is towards the outside of the sole, but not as close to the edge. What should an ideal wear pattern look like, or is there no ideal pattern?

• Let's see some pictures if you have a chance!
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • A healthy wear pattern goes along the outer half of the shoe from heel to the fifth metatarsal and then almost on a right angle across the forefoot to the great toe. Pictures of shoe wear patterns and the position of the respective shoe uppers in relation to the sole can be helpful in shedding light on biomechanical problems.
  • You guys would have fun with mine.

Especially looking at the Phase, would it surprise you to learn that I recently got over Cuboid Syndrome on my left foot?
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • I love that comment: (said in an annoying know-it-all tone of voice) "A healthy wear pattern goes along the outer half of the shoe...blah, blah, blah."

Puleeeze. Everyone's wear pattern is different. No one is symmetrical. I know I'm not, and my wear pattern is probably not what would be considered ideal. So what? Until I break down and I can't run anymore, I'll continue to trust my body and common sense and avoid any advice from people like WearPatternAnalyst.

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android