Inov8 Road XTreme 208
  • I just unpacked the package that arrived today containing my new pair of Inov8 Road XTreme 208s. I haven't been for a test run in them yet, but first impressions are that they are light, flexible, and simple. The sole is unusual looking, with almost no tread to speak of, so it will be interesting to see what the grip is like underfoot.

Has anyone else tried these yet?

• Really wondering the stack height. Desperately searching for a green silence replacements and this is candidate.
  • Just back from a first test run. Only half an hour. These are easily the lightest shoes I have ever run in. It will be interesting to see how the outer sole holds up, as it looks a bit scuffed up after just that short run.
  • Here's a link and video

He says the soles are super grippy. Did you get that feel?

Let me know if you have any other thoughts. I am a big green silence fan as well.

• It's been so dry here this summer that I have not had any opportunity to test out the grippiness. But the sole certainly looks more cut up after just 10km on the clock than any of my other shoes look after 500km.
  • how did you find the sizing on this shoe.
    according to shoefitr i need go up a whole size from the Road X 233

looking to pick up a pair post christmas if i can find them at the right price

• My experience with Inov-8 is that I wear a half size smaller than any of my other running shoes. 
  • I am in the same size in this shoe as I am in just about everything else, except the Mizuno Wave Sayonara which is half a size smaller.

• thanks Harbourboy, i thought as much. my other Inov8's fit pretty much true to size.

seems like these will be discontinued in 2014 and replaced by the X-Treme 198 which by the looks of it has a similar one piece upper to the rest of the Road-X-Treme series.  god i hate those 'burrito' style tongues
  • @eugene - I agree on burrito tongues, wish they would go away!
    Helping runners run | Main Site: www.runblogger.com | Personal Site: www.theblogologist.com
  • I dunno...I haven't tried enough to say I *don't* like them.  That said, the only shoe like that I've actually worn is the Skora Phase, which needs different lacing because it just doesn't quite cinch down enough.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • What's a burrito tongue?
  • Basically, the tongue is only attached to one side of the shoe and not just at one end.  The advantage is that the tongue no longer creeps up, down, or to the side.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android