Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

DISCLOSURE
VigLink badge

The One

Comments

• Has anyone run on these yet? I can't find any reviews online, and my good friend Google cant either.
  • They were just released yesterday. Any wear testers may not have been able to start putting out reviews before then.
  • Kind of disappointed that the outsole is blown rubber...
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • You really don't like it, Bryan, but I can't say that I myself have any opinion of, nor any particular experience with, blown rubber in a shoe. Would you like to elaborate on why you think it is a problem? Just curious, you know :)
  • I saw them in person a few weeks ago, nice looking shoe. Didn't get to try them on though. Seems kind of like a lighter Instinct.

• Blown rubber =  crap durability (at least for me).
  • Yes, there is that risk of course. Seems like Inov-8 is using it in a few of their road shoes as well, but not sure what the verdict is on those models regarding durability.

In a way, the One is pitched as a "performance" shoe, ie a racing flat, and is not then supposed to be used for daily training.
  • If this is the same material is the sole of the Inov8 Road XTreme 208 then I would also have doubts about the durability.
  • Altra pitches it as a shoe to kind of do it all--race, 7-mile runs, etc.

Think I might just save for a pair of Instincts.  Kind of disappointed at this point.
  • I'm just the opposite. I found the instincts 1.0 to be very fatiguing with the hard EVA sole. I was hoping for a more flexible zero drop shoe with a softer ride. I just wish there were a single review out there from someone who has put some miles on the shoe.
  • You mean a review of The One or The Instinct?  Just asking because there are plenty of those!
  • The number of reviews of "the one" is less than one. ;)
  • That's because Altra just released it.  To my knowledge, even the third-party retailers that have been promising to carry it (like OptimalRun--the only ones I know of) don't have it yet.
  • I got them and I ran in them for 6 miles this morning.
    I am returning them, if possible.

The lacing is pretty poor. The tongue can't seem to find its place.
    I don't like the fit in the upper and I don't like the sole material either.

It's a bit harsh of a review, but they just don't feel right to me.

• Wow...that bad?

Can you be more specific about what you didn't like about the lacing? 

Is the tongue really light or is it padded?

What do you not like about the sole or upper fit?