IT Band issues
  • I've been having IT band problems since running the Richmond marathon in November. Would love to hear any treatments that have worked for others. Right now I'm focusing on rest and yoga.

• I suggest either a foam roller or rolling on a softball.  It's painful at first, but you'd be surprised how much it helps.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • I had IT issues big time after my first marathon. Foam rolling was the only thing to help. I recommend a daily stretching routine post runs once it eases up.
  • After you get to the point of no pain with the foam roller you may want to proceed to a PVC pipe and or softball.  That really helps too.
  • Both times I had IT band problems it was linked to shoes - went away when I switched footwear. This experience is one of the things that makes me believe that the wrong shoe can be a problem. Was the shoe you used in the race one that you have used extensively in the past?
    Helping runners run | Main Site: www.runblogger.com | Personal Site: www.theblogologist.com

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android