Amazon.com: 25% or more off clearance running shoes - click here to view current selection.
Running Warehouse: Great prices on closeout shoes! View current selections.

Adidas Terrex Speed Pro Shoe Review: A Racing Flat for the Trails

Considering it has been a very long time since the last time I wrote a shoe review, I figured I’d make a return for a shoe that has gained a special place in my running life. Over the past few years I have been coaching indoor and outdoor track at my school, but this Fall […]

Running With My Daughter – A Bit of an Update to My Favorite Blog Post

About seven years ago I wrote what I still consider to be my most personally meaningful blog post. It was about my (then 8 year old) daughter, Emma, and how she had just run the cross country race of her life. Emma was never the fastest runner as a kid, in fact she quit cross country […]

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to feel good or bad about all of this…

Spring is typically an exceptionally busy time of year for me. Between teaching and coaching (track and field, soccer), it’s rare that I get much time to myself. For obvious reasons, this year has been a bit different. Lockdowns associated with the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic have brought life to a halt for almost all of us, […]

2019 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Running Gear Deals

Each year around this time I put up a post containing a collection of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale links. Basically what I do is spend some time scouring the web for running-related holiday sales, and aggregate them all into a single post – kind of a one-stop shop for runners looking for discounted […]

The Mysterious Sleeping Injury

There’s no doubt that as I have gotten older, my body has changed. Coming back to running a bunch this summer, I’ve noticed that I tend to be stiffer on the days after a hard workout, and I pay the price if I don’t take days off. I’ve had fairly regular lower back issues, though […]

Running Shoe Review: adidas Adizero Prime Parley

There was time when shipments of shoes would arrive at my house from various brands on a weekly basis. Some I had requested, some were shoes that brands were pushing because they were the latest and greatest thing and they wanted to spread the word. That’s how the blogging/review/influencer business works. It’s also part of […]

The Ghost of Races Past: Reconciling an Older, Less Fit Body With Expectations Based on Prior Performances

On July 4th I ran my first timed race in probably five years, and I’m pretty sure it was the first race I’ve run since I turned 40. I’ve done a few Ragnar relays with friends in the interim, but nothing where it was just me against the clock. The race was held in Bridgton, […]

2018 Black Friday and Cyber Monday Running Shoe and Gear Deals

Each year around this time I put up a post containing a collection of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale links. Basically what I do is spend some time scouring the web for running-related holiday sales, and aggregate them all into a single post – kind of a one-stop shop for runners looking for discounted […]

Where Have I Been?

I was just updating my annual Black Friday post and a couple of comments had asked where I have been. Obviously from the recent post history here on Runblogger, this site is not a place I have been much for the past few years. The reason for this is pretty straightforward – in the Fall […]

Getting the Stink Out of Running Clothes: A Review of 4 Laundry Products

written by Erin Larson Everyone talks about how the tween and teenage periods (basically from 11 to 18) can be a trying time for parents due to the puberty-triggered wild mood swings of their progeny. But, because it’s so thoroughly discussed, I felt ready to tackle the unpredictability of my two tweenagers. And, so far, […]

Nike Zoom Elite 9 Shoe Review

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about how my running suffered with my return to teaching. I didn’t put in many miles during the school year, but my goal for the summer was to get myself back into some semblance of running shape. I’m happy to say that I have made considerable progress […]

Saucony Freedom ISO Review: A Durable Workhorse of a Shoe

As I wrote in my previous post, I didn’t run much during the school year. I also didn’t write much – this will be my first shoe review in about a year, and the first since I returned to teaching (a very positive move for me!). Although my mileage was low, and my speed was […]

The Benefits of Stepping Away From Running For a Bit

This morning I ran five miles at a pace of just over 8:00 per mile, then finished with a mile or so of hill repeats. A few years ago this would have been a pretty standard type of workout for me, but on this day it was a big step forward to feeling like a […]

Spring 2017 Cushioned Trail Shoe Round-up: Skechers GOTrail Ultra 4, Hoka One One Challenger ATR 3, Brooks Caldera, Altra Superior 3.0, Topo Athletic Terraventure

A quick post to highlight some great well cushioned trail shoes for this Spring.  Unlike the last few roundups, I’m not going to organized them into order of favorites because they are all quite good in their own way, but instead ordered them from the highest cushioning to the lowest cushioning of the group.  I’ll try […]

Winter Running Shoe Round-Up 2017: Scarpa Atom S, The North Face Ultra MT Winter, Altra Lone Peak Neoshell Mid, Salomon S-Lab XA Alpine, Saucony Razor ICE+,

It is already feeling like spring in many parts of the US, but if you live near mountains and like to go up into them from now until May/June, you are likely to encounter some snow still and otherwise harder conditions than ideal for the average trail shoe.  I’ve put a handful of winter trail […]