Wave Sayanora Sizing

edited October 2013 in Mizuno
I am looking for some guidance on sizing from folks who have purchased the Wave Sayanora.  Reading lots of mixed opinions with many sizing down by a 1/2 size and others sticking with their "normal" running shoe size.  I wear an 11 in most shoes - i.e. - Kinvara 3/4, Newton Distance, Brooks Pure Flow, NB MT1010.  I would really appreciate feedback from those who have run in the shoe awhile.  Thanks!

Comments

• Just out of curiosity...do you tend to fit between sizes?
  • I tend to be a pretty solid 11 in most shoes.  I have gone up to 11.5 in shoes that run really small like the Brooks Pure Connect and the Nike Lunaracer+ 3 and down to 10.5  in shoes like the Inov8 Road-X 233 and the Mizuno Evo Cursoris.  
  • They are a little long. You could probably get away with going down a half a size. That being said, I wear a size 12 and have two pairs of Wave Sayonara in my regular size 12. I've come to appreciate the added space since I do almost all my long runs in this shoe and have run a marathon in them.

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks Sentzation!  Very helpful!
  • I wear size 9 in the Wave Rider 16 and Ronin 3. I had to go for 8.5 in the Sayonara.

• Thanks Harbourboy!
  • Stuck with size 10, which is my usual, but I often size up to a 10.5 (e.g., in Saucony) so they definitely don't run small. I'd go usual size if you like a bit of room, half size down if you want snug.
  • I needed to size down in my Sayonara.  I've got a low volume foot, and there was just too much space for comfort. 

In most shoes I wear 12.  But in many of them--depending on the shoe softness and comfort--I take out the insole.  So in the Sayonara I left it in and went 11.5.  In the Kinvara, Distance and Pure Flow, I take out the insole, and went 11.5.

I should think that, after trying on both sizes, if you go with the size that feels simply more natural or allows the shoe to disappear on your foot more, then you're good to go.
  • Thanks for the input everyone.  I spent a lot of time at my LRS trying on and running in both sizes.  What I really needed was a 10 3/4. ;-)  I decided to go with the 10 1/2 as it just felt a bit more secure and responsive for the faster-paced runs for which these are intended.