Any SKORA fans in the house?

edited September 2013 in Other Brands
Just curious.  I had considered the Phase as it's cheaper right now than Altra's The One.

Comments

• If shipping to France wasn't so damn expensive I'd order a pair of Skora Core right now.
  • I have the Skora Core. It's dangerously close to love.  The fit my feet perfectly and they provide great feedback. I went through a period of using them exclusively.  However, I am primarily a trail runner which presented to issues - 1) I was ruining an expensive and pretty pair of shoes 2) For technical trails my still strengthening feet were beginning to hurt as I pushed the miles up (no rock plate).

I would highly recommend them.  I have not tried any of the other Skora models.  I am thinking I might like to grab the Phase X.
  • Here's the big question: do you run in socks or not?  Just curious because I've heard conflicting reports about the Phase especially (though I'm surprised I haven't read the same about the Core) rubbing the mess out out of people's heels.
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • I am never without socks.  No interest in trying it.  Sorry I can't help you there.
  • It's OK.  Just one of those things I've never understood about the whole minimal thing: most folks still carry the weight of wet socks.

• I you don't wear socks, your shoes start to stink in a matter of days. At least, mine do.
  • I don't worry about that.  My shoes stunk even when I wore socks.
  • Definitely would be interested in SKORA shoes. Too bad I can't find them anywhere
  • Just bought my pair of Phases.  We'll see how it goes!
  • This is a bit of a late post to be helpful, but I have the Skora Form and the Skora Core (which is similar to the Phase).  Both shoes fit me extremely well, and are very comfy - however, I'll be honest, I don't run in them, just use them as a dressier casual shoe.  My feet aren't yet to the point I could run in them, so they will remain expensive (yet totally awesome) work/casual shoes.  I love me some Skora shoes. :)

Enjoy the Phases!  They look pretty sweet, and the colours are very enticing.

Rayzhel - if you live in the continental US they generally ship for free, so if you can't find them, I'd just order online.    
  • If I had the cash, I'd probably buy some Cores to wear around.  They look pretty neat!
  • Definite fan here. Have Forms, Phases, and Cores. Loving the Cores right now. Awesome shoe. 
  • I'm coming from GoBionic 1. Which Skora model would be closest to GoBionic 1 in feel and performance.
  • Ok, so what I can tell from the Bionic is that it is Zero Drop, 11.5 mm stack, around 6 oz, and pretty flexible. Lets go right down the line here, Phase (and Phase X) and Core will most match this shoe with zero drop, 11 mm stack, 7 and 8oz respectively, and even more flexibility than the Bionic. That is with the liner in. I think you will find a little less 'cushy' feeling from the difference in the sole material but you will see a good increase in durability I would imagine. I have not run in the Sketchers although I have heard a lot of good things. But those two will be as close as I would think you would get. If you want a bit more padding then the Base/Form would be your shoes that will kick it up to 13mm stack under foot and the Fit even higher. 
  • I'd disagree.  The Phase and Core are NOT soft.