Forefoot Durability?

2»

Comments

• For what it's worth, The Instinct was no good to me as a running shoe until I had worn it strictly casually for almost a month or two.  They're just so stiff (compared to the BA2) out of the box!
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • @flatlander: I find it curious that you would describe the cursoris' flexibility as great. Of all the shoes in my rotation the cursoris is the one with the worst flexibility, by far. Even the kinvara performs better in that department. Great flexibility is what you find on the vapor glove or the trail glove. I certainly wouldn't use the word for the cursoris.
  • Perhaps it is if you compare it to an Altra Instinct?
  • @Stephane, I suspect the difference in our perspectives on the Cursoris is a function of the shoes in your rotation compared to mine.  I log all my miles in zero drop shoes with some cushioning.  Thus, the Vapor Glove and Trail Glove are more minimal than what I typically wear.  I've certainly tried more minimal shoes and they are indeed tremendously flexible, but the BA2 and Levitas represent the minimal end of the spectrum of what I wear regularly.  For someone who wants a shoe with even more cushioning, I haven't found anything that beats the flexibility and fit of the Cursoris (although I will note again that the durability is terrible, as are the colorways if that matters to someone).  I haven't tried the Kinvara, but do have a pair of Virratas, which despite Pete's favorable review are far too narrow in the forefoot for me to take them seriously.  Although the Instinct is a brick, I'll give Altra another chance and try The One at some point fairly soon.  If there are other shoes in the zero drop cushioned category I'm missing, let me know and I'll probably try them, too!
  • I really liked the fit of the Cursoris and Levitas, but the durability quite frankly scares me.  I don't understand why exposed EVA is considered outsole material.

• Just use shoe goo on the exposed areas you wear, wait until the material wears down a little bit so the stuff has a better/smoother/rougher surface to adhere to. I have to reapply it maybe every 2 or 3 weeks.
    The only negative about the cursoris for me is fast pace running, like 7min or under, it just feels a little too cumbersome.
    I didn't like the fit of the levitas, maybe I was unlucky with the pair I received, the right one just seemed badly made.
  • I'm curious about the Evo Ferus as a road shoe.  Looks like it's got more rubber on the outsole...

• I'm curious about the Ferus as well. Even though I had such a bad experience with the Cursoris. I think I purchased the Cursoris because I couldn't wait for the Ferus.