Tarsal Tunnel and low collared running shoes

I've been battling with tarsal tunnel syndrome for a few months. My podiatrist gave me the green light to run again but said I should do so in a " low collared shoe". I'd been road running in Asics Gel Nimbus 14 and trail running in the Salomon Speed Cross 3 ( the likely culprit for the TTS, according to the Doc). Is anyone aware of what shoes (road and trail) are low collared. I don't really think the Nimbus are a problem but I'm willing to explore options. I like the Kinvara but would prefer more cushioning. Thanks for any help. Peace.

Comments

• I deleted the duplicate thread you had on this.

I wish I had a suggestion, but I tend to run in more minimal gear than what you're using.
  • Hmm, have you tried a heel lift your existing shoes? Could have the same effect. As for low heel collar plus cushion, maybe something like the Asics Gel Electro33 or Nike Pegasus 31? Unfortunately I don't have either of the shoes you are running in to compare.
  • Thanks, I'll look into those shoes when I go to the running shop. I guess I'll just have to try a boat load of shoes on. There are worse things, I suppose. Peace.