I just started having some pain in my arch area, back towards the heel on my left foot about 2 weeks ago. It happened to come on during a tempo run in a shoe that was "running out" of mileage. I have zero idea if the problem is shoe related or not, but when I look up the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis, what I have seems a little different.
1) Most information out there says that PF seems to "loosen up" and the pain goes away on a run. My pain stays with me the entire run, and sometimes gets worse the longer I go.
2) Some information says that the person typically gets a very sharp shooting pain upon waking up in the morning, that then eases up as the foot muscles move around and loosen up. I don't have shooting pain, and it seems to vary from day to day how sore it is in the morning.
A few things that I do know right now:
1) It seems to be more sore on the days after I run vs taking a rest day
2) There is a small "lump" in the arch back towards the heel that sticks out a little bit, which is definitely tender to the touch
3) Icing seems to help, but a lot of times only temporarily
4) My shoes are all neutral style shoes, so my only option for adding some support is to buy some insoles. I am planning to look at some Superfeet, but have not had a chance to try them on locally yet to get the right type & size
5) The foot will be sore to varying degrees all throughout the day. I work in an office job where I sit most of the day, but get up and walk around for a lot of tasks throughout the day.
6) If I do a calf stretch on the sore foot, I can definitely feel it pulling/hurting/stretching the sore arch.
7) I rolled out my calves this morning with a foam roller and did not find any tender spots.