Trail alternative to Brooks Pure Flow?

edited September 2013 in Brooks
I have had alot of plantar issues and the pure flow has worked well for me for a couple of years.  Even ran rim 2 rim Grand Canyon in them last year.  Looking for a trail alternative mostly for traction purposes.  I will try the new version of pure grit (I did not like the first version) but are there others?  I think the features that make these work so well for me ... light but has cushion with plenty of flexibility.  Most trail shoes are rigid or hard on the sole.  With the cushion I have not had issues where I thought I needed anything firmer or a rock plate.

Comments

• The Pure Grit would be the first place to start.  The Merrell Mix Master has a similar 4mm drop.
  • I really like the Mix Master 2.
  • Perhaps the inov-8 trailroc 245's.  If you can wear Brooks Pure Flows, your feet probably aren't too wide so the trailrocs 245s have a rock plate, but are still very flexible and have great grip on snow and ice (what I used for winter running).
  • edited September 2013
    Nike Terra Kigers would be another option to consider - I've been running in pureflows 2's for the past few months (mixed with adipure gazelles) and just received the terra kigers 5 days ago. Initial impressions are great so far - a touch lighter than the pureflow 2's, good upper (although they are a bit tighter - 'performance fit' in Nike's words; I ordered a half size up), pretty similar cushioning to the flows and great grip (through a mixture of swampy/muddy trail and some steep gravel/dirt tracks). No hotspots or issues out of the box into a 5km trail run.

Overall very happy with the terra kigers, will put a review up after a few more runs
  • Thanks - sounds like some great options to try !