Altra sizing/fit
  • After falling in love with the Instinct 1.5 (sz 13), I wanted to add the Torin for long runs.  A sz 13 in the Torin, while the appropriate length, just didn't have enough volume, especially over my dorsum.  I tried sizing up to a 14, and while I think I can get away with the extra length, they too feel a little too snug across the top of my foot.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Do they tend to stretch once they're broken in a bit? I really want this shoe to work.  It's odd in that some of the reviews that I have read indicated others have sized down from the Instinct, while I have experienced the opposite.  Of note, I am also very pleased with the Lone Peak 1.5's (sz 13) and just got The Ones today (sz 14 and quite possibly the most comfortable upper I've ever had).  Thanks!

• Have you tried one of the alternate lacing arrangements?
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • Yes, Lambert, I found the Torin was sized differently from the Instinct.  I first got the Instinct in 11.5.  Very nice shoe.  Then ordered the Torin in 11.5,  too.  The toebox was much too tight for me in the Torin.  I didn't feel like sending it back, so I opened up the toebox along side the big toe with my razor knife.  Feels fine now.

Initially, I used the looser lacing for the Torin, but now I have switched back to regular lacing.

Mike

• I used the loose lacing on my Instincts at first, too.  Now I find that it really has too much volume.  Kind of a bummer...
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • Thanks for the replies. I tried heel lock lacing while loosening upfront but it still didn't feel right. In addition, with this lacing the tongue doesn't provide a lot of coverage under the lace at the 7th eyelet and it is uncomfortable. I've also noticed that the toe cap is coming unglued so they're going back now regardless. :-(
  • A little off topic but in case anyone wanted to give the Torin a try, citysports.com has 4 sizes in stock for $79 plus an additional 20% off with OUTLET20

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android