Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch

Just posted a review of the Garmin Forerunner 10 (FR10) GPS watch. I've never really had a great experience with low-end GPS watches, but this one impressed me quite a bit. Tracking was right on with my 610 which costs a couple hundred bucks more and has a lousy touch-screen interface. If you're in the market for a cheap GPS, it's tough to beat the FR10.

Comments

• I've been using one for about 6 months now. I love that there isn't a ton of extra features. My only complaint really is that I can't hear the alert beeps.
  • I decided to finally breakdown and buy the 10 about 6 months ago (and donate my old one to my husband who is now running and we were competing for it).  

I really love the size (the traditional Garmin is huge on a female's wrist) and haven't felt like I've lost anything moving to the 10.  

The only issue I've had with mine is that when you look at the run history (on the watch) the list is kooky - rather than seeing dates - I have a combination of dates, day of the week and "today" (repeated) and I only ran once "today". When I upload to Garmin Connect - it updates as dates so I haven't worried too much about it, I expect a bug....

I agree on the beeps - I don't always hear them, although when I was testing out the virtual pacer it seemed like the beeps were more obvious/louder

• Have you guys with the FR10 have any problems connecting it to Dailymile? My girlfriend's watch keeps saying that there are no workouts found when she tries to sync it.
  • Looks like a great watch, I would miss the HRM though
  • I can see the draw here- but for $50 more you can get it all with the Garmin FR310xt using the same discount code. Yes a bit large, but excellent functionality on the cheap...