Any Runner with Gout?
  • Hi,

Any runner here who has GOUT?

I have gout and i started running last 2011, but last december of 2012 when i run more than 10k i suffer a terrible gout attack after 2 days which last almost 3 weeks. Usually my gout only last for 3 to 5 days.

Does any runner here have experience this?

Any shoes recommendation? Right now I'm using Nike LunarGlide 4 and Merrell Barefoot but i noticed that when i use the Nike LunarGlide my mid-foot always hurt for the first 2 km unlike with Merrell Barefoot but I'm afraid that without any cushion i might injure myself.

Keep Running Guys

• I have gout that I have been able to almost completely address through changes in my diet. At first, I thought it was my shoes too, but I can almost guarantee it's your diet and possibly your weight. If you keep your weight down and dramatically cut down on your Purine intake--things like beer (major bummer), shell fish, mushrooms, and brewer's yeast (sweet breads), you will reduce your gout flare-ups. When I feel a flare-up coming on I immediately take a prescription strength anti-inflammatory that clears it up.

Best of Luck
  • You say your midfoot hurts after using the Lunarglide? I had the first version of the Lunarglide and usually had an ache in my arch after any runs over a few miles. I always figured it was the foam wedge that was in the midsole.
  • I haven't got any attack for more than 3 years. i'm pretty sure its not with my shoes too but i'm just having trouble with my current shoes.

moglesby is it possible that lunarglide drop is 12mm?
  • According to running warehouse the current model is 11mm
  • According to running warehouse the current model is 11mm
  • If it's Gout- you already might know that it is caused from a uric acid build-up. Read about Black Cherry extract and avoiding seafoods. This is an inflammatory condition and will cease with attention to the cause.

Return to Runblogger.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Taptalk Forum Badge photo TapatalkForumBadge_zpse3ab33cd.png
Get Tapatalk for: iOS | Android