Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

DISCLOSURE
VigLink badge

The One

12346»

Comments

• Try the Instinct. Straighter last with no pinching on the instep. Has slightly firmer feel than the One, but a great shoe!
  • Already have a pair of 1.0's.  Wore out the lateral forefoot too quickly, and I'm not entirely sure I didn't get them a half size too small (lengthwise).
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)
  • Bryan, did the Instincts fit any better in terms of volume? I had similar issues with the One (my feet were just floating in all that space, and trying to lace it really tightly just hurt with the barely-there tongue of the shoe).

I'm intrigued by a lot of the Altra lineup, but the One was my first shoe from them and it was a real disappointment, so I'm hoping that other models have a more moderate fit.
  • I'd say the Instinct fit a *little* better, but neither fit me perfectly.  I still can't put my finger on what exactly on The One I'd have changed except "redo the upper so it doesn't bunch right at my instep".
    Socks are a scam. Just saying :-)