Inov-8 Trailroc shoes...

Anyone check these out yet? They look interesting, especially the 245 series. 

Comments

• I tried the Trailroc 245. The fit was not right for me. It may have been that I needed to "size up", but I ordered them online so I didn't have the flexibility to try multiple sizes. Every review I have read has been favorable so this shoe is still on my potential future purchase list. Right now I am loving my New Balance MT1010's so I don't think I will be giving them another shot real soon.
  • I tried the Trailroc 245. The fit was not right for me. It may have been that I needed to "size up", but I ordered them online so I didn't have the flexibility to try multiple sizes. Every review I have read has been favorable so this shoe is still on my potential future purchase list. Right now I am loving my New Balance MT1010's so I don't think I will be giving them another shot real soon.
  • I'm in the 245 and I love it.  Better grip than my Merrell MixMaster 2s.
  • I bought a pair and have mixed feelings about it after a 5km run in them in the snow/ice.  The tongue of the shoe seems to interfere with bending the toes some how and my foot got numb!  I will continue trying to break them in over some shorter runs, but the NB WT1010's felt better.  

So far no shoe has been better than the Saucony Type A5's, but those aren't practical in some of the conditions I have been running in recently.
  • I tried the 245's.  They were too narrow through the midfoot.  When I laced them up, they really cut into the outside of my foot.  Other than that, I loved them.  

• I've got the 245's and love them. I've been in minimal merrells and NB for trails over the past few years and both worked well, but for me the 245's are the best. Shoe fit can be highly personal and for me I tend to get some hotspots in NB shoes whereas the anatomical last Inov-8 use fits my foot perfectly. It's a little more shoe than some of it's competitors but it suits the terrain I run on and sometimes I really appreciate the rock plate!
  • How does the fit compare to the Mix Masters or other Inov-8s? Do they run large like most Inov-8s and Merrells, or are they true to size like shoe fitter suggests?
  • I do not know how they fit compared to the Mix Masters or other Inov-8 shoes but can comment on them a bit after receiving them. These are the best fitting trail shoes I have been in. I am able to run in them without any debris getting in on the sides and they hug my heel quite nicely. The shoe rides incredibly well as I took them out for a 10 miler right out of the box.

Finally my search has ended for a go to trail shoe. Looking at possibly picking up the 255 for long runs now.

Does anyone know if the road series of Inov-8 shoes have a similar fit? If so they I may have a new road shoe as well.
  • I size 1/2 size down for the Road-X series, but I absolutely love them! Road-X 233 for longer runs and Road-X Lite 155 for races and speed work.
  • I have the 235's, love them. Ran 4 miles on rocky dirt roads today and even without a rock plate they did well. Fit for me is perfect, no sizing up, and comparable to the Merrell Mix Master. Probably going to be my top trail shoe of 2012.